Thursday, February 16, 2012

SOUTH AFRICA by Guillermo

My country is South Africa so I am South African. In my country we have eleven official languages: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern, Sotho, Swazi, Tswana, Tsonga. The official name of my country is Republic of South Africa. South Africa is a parliamentary republic, the Presidents is the head of government, and nowadays he is Jacob Zuma. The population of South Africa is about 50.000.000 people.
South Africa is a country located at the southern tip of
Africa. To the north of the country lie the neighbouring territories of Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe; to the east are Mozambique and Swaziland; while Lesotho is an enclave surrounded by South African territory.

The currency is the rand.

South Africa’s capitals are Pretoria, executive capital, Bloemfontein, judicial capital, and Cape Town, legislative capital. However Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa.

In South Africa the most important historic fact is the apartheid, it was a system of racial segregation enforced by the National Party governments of South Africa between 1948 and 1994. In this time, the most important person of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, fought against the government defending people who have black skin.

Nelson Mandela.
Another important fact in South Africans was the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP that was played there in 2010 ans was won by SPAIN!!!
Obviously, my country is not a member of the European Union.
And I don't know if I would like to live in South Africa. If I were a rich and white man, I would like to live in this country because you can live comfortably and you can enjoy a lot of pleasures, but if I were a poor and black person, I would not like to live in this country, as they have such serious problems and it is a way of life that I do not wish for anybody.

1 comment: