Sunday, March 6, 2011

Belgium

BELGIUM

Hello, my name is Javi, and I’m Belgian, Belgium is a small state (30.528 square kilometers) in Western Europe. It is a founding member of the European Union, so our coin, of course is the euro. In this country, live more than 10 million people. Here, we speak three languages, 60% speak Dutch, 35% speak French, and the other 5% speak in German.

Today, our government is a federal parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy, the king is Albert ll, and the Prime Minister Yves Leterme.

If you come to Belgium, you should visit some monuments or important places like “Place of the Nation”, “Lion of Waterloo” or “Manneken Pis”, but don’t forget take your coat, because it’s really cold.

Belgium limit with France, and Germany.

You can eat some tipical dishes like waterzooi or moules frites:

Some celebrities from Belgium are Marguerite Yourcenar or Leopold I, if you want to know more Belgian celebrities, here

I really love my country because it is not stressful and I like this weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment