Monday, June 13, 2011

THE PRESTIGE - one of my favourite movies

THE PRESTIGE

Christopher Nolan is one of my favourite filmmakers. I like him because not only does he direct films, but he is also a writer. He has written many brilliant films like : The Prestige and Inception.( my other favorite movie)

I could talk about the two, but I think that The Prestige is less known than Inception and I think that it is worth that people see it.

So I want to talk about this class of film that after seeing them, you will realize that everything fits and everything makes sense. I want to talk about The prestige.

There are many famous actors in this film. The main ones are: Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Scarlett Johansson.

The movie is about two young magicians who begin working in London in the late nineteenth century. One of them is Robert Angier (Hugh Jackman), determined and sophisticated. And the other is Alfred Borden (Christian Bale), who is a real magician with skills but he is not able to prove it in front of the public. The two friends work together but after a catastrophic accident, which killed Angier´s wife, their relationship turns into enmity and hatred.

I love this film because you have to be attentive to all details, and you have to concentrate because the film jumps in time and you could lose the thread of history.

So I hope that when you see this film you will enjoy as much or more than I did

1 comment: