Monday, May 7, 2012

Brian May


Looking at the stars with May

It was holiday and I went to Tenerife to see my cousins. They lived in a cottage in the country. And what a big shock it was for me finding Brian May in the night when I was walking near there. I said to myself it was possible, because he was probably on the island carrying out some research in the Astronomy Observatory.

Brian May (1947) was the founder and guitarist of Queen, one of the greatest bands in history, he has composed great hits like “We Will Rock You” or “I Want It All”, and he is also a doctor in astrophysics.

He is my favourite rock star and I could not miss the opportunity, so I asked him a few questions.

First of all, I wanted to know what of his life as a rock star he preferred. He told me that visiting places around the world was interesting and he had learnt a lot about different cultures, but his biggest satisfaction was to compose and play music for the people.

I was also interested in knowing how he didn’t have any problems with drugs. He explained that he had a very responsible mind, and the fact that his father was a long-time smoker and he had had lung problems had also influenced him.

I made him another question about why he defended the rights of animals (few people know this). He answered that it was just because he thought that if you respect nature, nature will respect you. He told me that he would rather be remembered as an activist than a rock star or a doctor.

Finally I thanked him for his attention and I asked him a final question. I asked him whether he saw me with any chance to become a rock star. He looked at my eyes and he said to me that I would rock them. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your interview very much. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete